Saturday, February 8, 2014

DOOM Awaits.........







Image Courtesy of Ramblings of a Wayward Author.


DOOM is a 2-month alternative to Nanowrimo. for those who may have a hard time writing 50,000 words in only 30 days. Or if you may just want to take your time with your WIP. DOOM gives you that chance.

I personally had pretty tough time trying to write 50,000 words in only one month. This past November I didn't make it. I only wrote about 18,000 words. Now I know DOOM is also for writing 50,000 words, however, I actually don't need to write that much. I am writing a novella, so 18,000 words or a bit less is just what I need. And the 2-month span, instead of 1-month will give me an opportunity to really take my time.

So DOOM is absolutely perfect for all you Nano Rebels.

DOOM spans from March & April. So I and others may miss the Spring Camp Nano, unless your really daring and want to do both.

You can join us here at the DOOM Facebook Group.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Amanda came up with a 2-month alternative! And glad to know we're in this together. :) Here's my sign-up post: Two Months of Doom. I'll be working on Morning Glory. Best wishes on Sandcastles!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to finish plotting Sandcastles, which is proving difficult with Finals quickly approaching and my "Reaching Today's Youth" Youth Program project due in a few weeks. Oh, Lord help me!!

      Delete
  2. I am getting so excited for this. (:

    ReplyDelete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!