Saturday, March 1, 2014

Top Ten Most Influential Books I've Read


Top 10 Most Influential Books



A few moments ago I finished reading a blog post by a fellow Blogger, Heather Manning, (BTW, check out Heather's debut novel, Swept to Sea. It's really good.) It was a blog post about your top ten most influential book you have read. I thought it was a cool post, so I decided to participate.


Here we go........

1. Angel Eyes Trilogy by Shannon Dittemore. Okay, so I might be a little biased because Shan is a really good friend whom I've know my whole life, but seriously this is one of the best trilogies I have ever read. I really recommend this series.

2. The Little House Series. I grew up reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's books about her childhood and coming in to adulthood. This series is what began my obsession with the American 19th Century. Seriously....I'm obsessed with it.

3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. This absolutely had to be on my top ten list. Again, another series I grew up reading. C.S. Lewis was an incredible author and a man way before his time. Great series.

4. Lord of the Rings Series (including The Hobbit) by J.R.R. Tolkien. Another amazing fantasy series by an incredible author. It's a classic series and a series I have been wanting to re-read.

5. Jessilyn Lassiter Series by Jennifer Erin Valent. This is a trilogy that I absolutely adore. It's a historical series set in the 1930's in the United States. It's one of my favorites of all time. Seriously, go read these books.

6. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. One of my top books of ALL time. I got this book for Christmas probably almost 4-5 years ago. I read Redeeming Love in one night. I opened to the first page and could not put it down.

7. There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones. AHHHHHH.....This is one of the books I completely FANGIRL about!! It is so good! I just can't recommend it enough. Just go read it. You won't be sorry.

8. Bleeding Heart by Amber Stokes. This novel, as I said in my review, reminded me of the Little House Series. This is another I FANGIRL about!

9. Forget Me Not by Amber Stokes. FANGIRL. Nuff' said!

10. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. This is a book that will change your life. Everybody should read this book.


If your a blogger, you have been tagged!! Write up a post about your Top 10 Most Influential Books. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely list! How could I have forgotten to add Redeeming Love to my list? *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Alyssa! What a blessing to see Bleeding Heart and Forget Me Not included on your list! Can't believe I have someone who claims they're a "fangirl" of my work. :) Day. Made.

    And I love Redeeming Love and There You'll Find Me, as well!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!