Saturday, October 11, 2014

REVIEW: Searching for Home by Jessica Keller








REVIEW: Searching for Home by Jessica Keller



{About the Book}


She thought a dead relative ruined her life, but discovering his story will save it instead.

When the story of Whitney's long-dead anarchist ancestor, Lewis Ingram, makes front-page news, she must find a way to exonerate her relative, or risk losing everything--her mayoral-candidate boyfriend and her job at a local magazine. Aided by Nate, a volunteer at the Chicago Historical Foundation, she digs in, determined to find a positive spin on the situation. But what awaits her isn't spin at all. It's truth--and it will change her life.

In the world of 1886, Ellen Ingram and James Kent didn't intend to get caught in the middle of an anarchist spy ring. Ellen was content to leave all such intrigue to her brother, Lewis Ingram. But as the political climate in Chicago changes, Ellen and James have no choice. In the midst of the famous Haymarket Riot, both realize that they must live the life God created them for, not the one dictated by society.

Two generations encounter the same truth--and neither will ever be the same.















{My Review}


My Rating: 5 blazing stars!!

Oh. My. Gosh. Oh. My. Gosh. Oh. My. Gosh. Jessica, what are you doing to me?! First Saving Yesterday, now Searching for Home. Boy, can Jessica write! I was completely enthralled and invested in this story and the characters from the first page. In fact, I stayed up until almost 5 AM to finish it, because I could not and would not put it down. I loved that the story had a present day POV and a "flashback" POV. The characters are so rich and each have their own flaws. I love the characters of any story to have flaws.  And Nate, oh Nate! I love this guy! Overall, this story of an anarchist spy ring, political intrigue, and heart pounding romance is something you will not want to miss. Believe me, you will fall in love with this story as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!