Friday, November 7, 2014

REVIEW: Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman










REVIEW: Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman



{About the Book}


Shy and unattractive as a child, Megan McClare has always been teased by her classmates. But when she returns home from her senior year in Paris, the wallflower has suddenly blossomed into a beauty. With ambitions to become a lawyer or doctor, Megan accepts an internship at the district attorney's office only to discover that she will be working with Devin Caldwell, a boy who mercilessly mocked her at school--and with whom she was hopelessly enamored. She turns to her dear friend Bram Hughes for support and advice. But Bram's vision is clouded by his sudden unwelcome attraction to a girl he had always thought of as a kid sister. He advises forgiveness, but can he forgive himself for pushing the woman he loves into the arms of another man?








{My Review}

Rating: 1.5 stars!!

Oh boy, where do I begin describing my feelings about this novel. Well, by the rating you can tell I did not like it in the least bit. First of all, the covers in Christian Historical Fiction need to change. It's the same dang thing every time, a girl on the cover. I'm waiting to more artistic covers or really just something different, hardcovers even. Now when it comes to the actual story it's the same old, same old. A cutsey romance with really, to me at least, no depth to be seen. And there is a....wait for it.....LOVE TRIANGLE. If you have read my blog at at all you guys know how I loathe love triangles. The just drive me absolutely mad. In the end there wasn't much to redeem this story for me. The very reason for the 1.5 star rating. Needless to say I probably won't pick up another Julie Lessman book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!