Saturday, February 21, 2015

ARC REVIEW: The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight








ARC REVIEW: The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight




{About the Book}


Following the harrowing events that brought them to Landale Forest, Jace and Kyrin have settled comfortably into their new lives and the mission of protecting those under the emperor’s persecution. The fast approach of winter brings with it the anticipation of a quiet few months ahead. That is until the arrival of four mysterious, dragon-riding cretes who seek aid in a mission of great importance—not only to their own people, but to all followers of Elôm.

Hidden in the vast mining valley north of Valcré, a faithful crete has spent years sharing his knowledge with the destitute miners and their families and is known to possess what may be Arcacia’s last surviving copies of the King’s Scrolls—the Word of Elôm. Joining the cretes, those in Landale must find the crete teacher and bring him to safety, but it is a race against time. Should Daican’s men find him first, execution and the destruction of the Scrolls is certain.

When disaster strikes, all seems lost. Could Elôm have a plan even in the enemy’s triumph?







Title: The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight

Release Date: February 17, 2015

Publisher: Living Sword Publishing

Genre: New Adult/High Fantasy/Adventure

Rating: 5 STARS!



{My Review}

The King's Scrolls starts off where book #1, Resistance ended. And oh boy, what an EPIC continuation of the Illyon Chronicles. This series has quickly become some of my favourite fantasy books I have ever read. High Fantasy, epic adventures, themes of faith. This series is everything a Christian who loves fantasy would want in a series. The only other books I could say that about would be, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings, Tales of Goldstone Wood, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head at this moment.


Can we just talk about the characters for a moment. I have not read such characters like them in a long time. The characters are so well-rounded, well-developed, and just down right fantastic. And I love, I love ALL of the characters. Jace, Kyrin, Kaden, and I especially loved getting to know Kyrin's brothers. It was nice to finally get to know them personally. There's cretes and dragons. The cretes were quite interesting as characters. But you guys the DRAGONS are of course by far my favourite creatures in, not only The King's Scrolls but in every fantasy novel ever!! One of my favourite dragon/villianous characters of all time is Smaug from The Hobbit, and Jaye's dragons are just as interesting, well written, and wonderful. I should move on or I'll keep on talking about dragons.

I also need to warn you all. The books in the Illyon Chronicles are not light reads. They deal with some heavier subjects and there is some violence. However, the violence isn't that graphic. The violence in this series reminds me of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, so it's not too violent. 

If you are a lover of fantasy like myself, I highly recommend you pick up Resistance (#1) and The King's Scrolls (#2). 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your review, Alyssa! I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome Jaye!! I can't wait for Book #3!!!

      Delete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!