Tuesday, March 24, 2015

TOP BOOKS OF MY CHILDHOOD







TOP BOOKS OF MY CHILDHOOD







~ AMERICAN GIRL ~

American Girl, even today is probably one of the most popular book series ever. I started these books very young and I still own my Samantha and Kaya box sets, with a little lonely copy about Kit. It was these books that began my love for historical fiction.






~ Little House on the Prairie ~

Oh man, these books (& TV series) was a HUGE part of my childhood. I devoured these books and quickly too. I would finish one and the immediately start the next book in the series.





~ Love Comes Softly ~

This series is one of my favourites of all time. And the movies are pretty fabulous too.




~ The Hobbit & LOTR ~

I couldn't do a post like this and not mention my favourite fantasy books ever!! They're the quintessential fantasy novels and in fact The Hobbit was the very first chapter book I ever read. It was these books that began my lifetime of nerdiness.




~The Babysitter's Club ~

I didn't read The Babysitter's Club as ferociously as these other book series, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. 




~ Nancy Drew Mysteries ~

Nancy Drew Mysteries by Carolyn Keene were the first mysteries I ever read and I loved them growing up. I even have a ton of them up in my bookshelf.




~ Chronicles of Narnia ~

Along with The Hobbit and LOTR this choice has to be up here. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Trixie Belden books. And Janette Oke--wow!

    ReplyDelete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!