Tuesday, May 5, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY













So, I am going to start doing Top Ten Tuesdays. More like trying to remember to do them. lol Top Ten Tuesday was created by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is: Books You Will Never Read. I'm not trying to be a meanie, but there are just some books that are not for me.




1. Fifty Shades of Grey- Yeah. This will never happen. No way. No how. No. No. No.




2. Anna Karenina- Don't get me wrong. I am one who loves the classics, some of my favourite books are classics (Persuasion, Jane Eyre.), but this one just isn't for me.




3. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir- I will never get to this book. I've seen the movie and I love the movie, so there's really no need to actually pick up this book.



4. Pretty much any book by Alexandre Dumas- Again, just not my thing. The plots don't really sound that interesting or appealing to me.



5. The Harry Potter Series- Go ahead and start sending the hate mail. Nope. Never. Not gonna happen.



6. Any more books by Mary Higgins Clark- I'm just not into her books anymore. I'm not really big on mysteries anymore either. (Except for Heather Day Gilbert's A Murder in the Mountains series).



7. Ted Dekker Books- I have yet to find a Ted Dekker book I like, so I think I'm pretty much done with his books. I'm more of a Frank Peretti fan anyhow.


8. Once Upon a Time: Out of the Past- I am a HUGE fan of the Once Upon a Time TV show on ABC, but graphic novels ain't my thing at all.


9. The rest of The Giver Quartet- I've read the first book, The Giver, but I really have no interest in reading the rest of the books.


10. Austenland by Shannon Hale- I've seen the movie, which for me was so bad and cheesy. The whole story line did not keep my interest whatsoever. Really, the only good thing about the film was J.J. Feild.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on most of them. I loved Dumas when I was in school and highly recommend them to my kids :) And I'm really loving Ted Dekker right now. Which books didn't you like? I've only read 3 or 4 so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Hacker and the, I think it's the Paradise trilogy. I just could not get into them like I do with Frank Peretti's books. But I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of Ted's daughter, Rachelle Dekker's book in the mail soon. Hopefully I'll like her book.

      Delete
  2. I think you might like The Blessed Child and A Man Called Blessed then. And I loved Blink, which I read a few years ago. Can't wait to check out her book, too!

    ReplyDelete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!