Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Inspire or Fire!

















    

    So often we hear the phrases "That's so inspiring." or "You inspire me." And they are great compliments, but lately I've heard similar phrases coming from Believers. Phrases like, "That verse is inspiring." or Jesus inspired me." Again they're nice compliments, but when it comes to Scripture and especially Jesus we should want to be more than just inspired. Don't get me wrong being inspired and inspiration is an important thing and it's wonderful. However, I believe that we shouldn't just be inspired by Jesus, but we should be on FIRE for Jesus. Completely and wholly on fire for Him. In Scripture we don't just see people being inspired by Him. We see people being transformed by Him. We see people who lives radically changed after their encounter with Christ. They were never again the same as before. He came to save you. Jesus was beaten, hung on a cross, and left there to die. For you! And those of you reading who are not believers I'm not trying to sell you religion. Christianity is a relationship. A relationship with a God who loves you far beyond than what our minds can even fathom. But choosing Jesus and being on fire for him is a choice you have to make for yourselves. I can't make it for you. And the road with Christ will not be any easy one, but it's all worth it in the end when you stand before Him and He speaks the words, "Well done my good and faithful servant." Today I'm encouraging you to make a choice to choose Jesus and be utterly on fire for Him. Jesus is the best choice you will ever make in your life. Trust me.





John 3:16






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!