Thursday, January 2, 2014

Serenity to Accept Review






Serenity to Accept
By Elizabeth Maddrey

Published by HopeSprings Books

Released on September 9, 2013

Rating: 5 Stars!!!





















                                                                                                        

 REVIEW




Serenity to Accept is the third book in the "Grant Us Grace" Series. I have never heard of the author before I saw this book up for review on the Book Crash website. Like many book review websites I thought it would take forever to get this book on my front porch. But, suprisingly, the book did not take longer than a week and half to reach my book greedy hands. LOL :)

Serenity to Accept is a book about struggling with your faith and also struggling to have the faith. Jason Garcia has made the decision to ONLY date other Christians. Jason would not have even had a second thought about that if he had not met Karin Reid. And Jason decides to bend his rule for Karin, as long as she will go to church with him. Jason and Karin almost complete opposites, almost! While Jason believes in God whole-heartedly, he still struggles with his faith. Karin, on the other hand, believes she does not need God. She has had so much pain in her so far short life and so she is upset with God. She believes God is not interested in her or her life.

Serenity to Accept was one of the last books I read in 2013 and I ended the year of 2013 with quite a BANG!!! First, I wanted to share a quote from the book that really struck me. "But the one thing my parents have always said is that we will never know how God is going to use the things that happen, so until we see the whole picture, we can't judge his plan." Whew!!! This quote blew me away. And it was something I needed to hear. 

If your a Christian who struggles with their faith, and every Christian does, than this is a book you NEED to pick up. Elizabeth Maddrey is an incredible author who really knows how to weave words. I will definitely be picking up more books by Elizabeth. :)

::: I received this book from the publisher for free in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!