Friday, December 16, 2016

REVIEW: Pursuing Gold by Cynthia L. Simmons











About the Book


With his father dead and his business partner incapacitated, Peter Chandler inherits the leadership of a bank in economic crisis. With only a newly-minted college degree and little experience, Peter joins his partner's daughter, Mary Beth Roper, in a struggle to keep C&R Bank afloat while the Civil War rages around Chattanooga. Political pressure for unsecured loans of gold to the government stirs up trouble as tempers and prices rise. Their problems multiply when Mary Beth discovers counterfeit money with Peter's forged signature. Can they find the forger before the bank fails? The two friends must pursue gold on behalf of their business, as they learn to pursue their heavenly Father to find hope and peace.











My Review

I will start my review by talking about the cover. I was not attracted to this cover whatsoever, but I reluctantly looked past this cover because this synopsis sounded interesting. I have a lot of interest in Civil War history and I have ancestors who served on both sides of the Civil War. Unfortunately, I didn't like this book at all. I found the characters unlikable and flat. There was a plot hole I found frustrating and it was all around not a very good book. I was so looking forward to this story and it ended up being a dud for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!