Friday, July 12, 2013

About Writing Series: Part 1


I wanted to do a quick post before I sign off for the night. I have begun reading a new series by Angela Elwell Hunt, and it's books about writing. First off let me tell you that these posts will be out of order, so I apologize for the inconvenience. The first book a part of the series that I just finished reading tonight is Point of View: Writing Lessons from the Front, (#3). In this book Angela tells us about about the different points of view a story or character can be written in. There is 1st person, 2nd person, 3rd person, and so on. I have to say what I found most interesting is something I have never heard from any english teacher I have ever had. When you write a scene with a particular character and that character's point of view is in 1st person, it should remain in 1st person for the rest of the book. Which if you think about it makes perfect sense. So I can't wait to read the rest of this series. It will definitely help me in my writing endeavors. And keep me from going insane during NaNoWriMo this November. Goodnight Ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!