Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some People Change by Michael English

Some People Change by Michael English
Some People Change
Produced by Jay DeMarcus, Bill Gaither, Benjy Gaither
Curb Records
RATING: 5 STARS
image
TRACKS: 
1. I Ain’t Giving Up On Jesus
2. Come To The River (featuring Russ Taff)
3. I’d Rather Have Jesus
4. Some People Change
5. I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) (featuring Crystal Lewis)
6. On That Great Day (featuring The Martins)
7. In Christ Alone
8. I Wouldn’t Take Nothing For My Journey (featuring David Phelps, Wes Hampton, and Mark Lowry)
9. Waking Up The Dawn
10. Stubborn (Psalm 15)
11. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry

REVIEW: 

First of all, I have to say I was kind of apprehensive about getting Michael’s new record, because all of his other projects are pretty amazing. I mean, I’m a 90’s kid so I grew up listening to Michael’s music. I really bought this record for the title track, “Some People Change”,  I fell in love with this song as soon as I heard a clip of it on Michael’s website. But I wasn’t too sure about how I would feel about the rest of this project, but to my suprise when I finally got it in the mail and began listening to it, I was floored! This entire project is perfect! The mix of country and gospel, up tempo and ballads, the absolute perfect combination. I love all the up tempo songs. (No shock there)  But I have to say the ballad-like songs are beautiful. (That says a lot, I’m pretty partial to fast tunes) Of course, “In Christ Alone” is great as usual, but the Hank Williams tune, “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”, WOW! When I first saw this song on the track list, I wasn’t sure about it, but as soon as I heard it I thought it was one of the best tracks on the entire project. 
Alright, I can blab on and on about this all night. So I’ll end this review with this,ADD THIS TO YOUR COLLECTION!!!! You will not be sorry, I promise you. 
In God’s Love, 

Alyssa Faith 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!