Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Favorite Classic Films








My Favorite Classic Films

Eva at Ramblings of a Janeite, posted a blog post of her favorite Black & White films and I thought it would be fun to do the same. Although some of these movies aren't in B&W! Below I have listed some of my favorite classic movies and I highly suggest you watch them all! :)






Laura (1944) is the quintessential Film Noir "Whodunit movie. Not to mention it stars Dana Andrews!






How To Stuff A Wild Bikini (1965)

I love ALL of Annette and Frankie's Beach movies, but How To Stuff A Wild Bikini is my favorite of them all. It's just a fun teen beach musical. You can't beat it!




Notorious (1946)

I am the ultimate Cary Grant fan. I love all of his movies, but some just top the list and Notorious is one of them.




North By Northwest (1959)

This is one of Cary Grant's later movies, but I think it may be one of his best in my opinion.





Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

Have I mentioned I'm a big Cary Grant fan. Out of all Cary's movies, Arsenic and Old Lace is my favorite. A mixture of screwball comedy and horror make for the perfect good old time.




Singin In The Rain (1952)

This is probably one of my favorite musicals of ALL time. You can't go wrong with a Debbie Reynolds movie!






The Sound of Music (1965)

My favorite movie EVER!!! I grew up watching this movie, a lot!! I can never get enough of it!!





The Bat (1959)

I love this movie. Vincent Price and Agnes Moorehead are the perfect pair. This movie will make you jump out of your seat!






House On Haunted Hill (1959)


House On Haunted Hill is one of the best classic horror films you will find. A horror flick, all taking place in an old creepy mansion.....YES PLEASE!!! It's perfect for that dark and stormy night!













2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure The Sound of Music and Singin' in the Rain are the only two I've seen. Both are keepers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was little those two were the only movies I would watch, but when I got older I began branching out more often and I discovered all of these other films. I definitely recommend them!

      Delete

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!