Friday, July 18, 2014

REVIEW: Death Takes a Ride by Lorena McCourtney




 Death Takes a Ride by Lorena McCourtney







{About the Book}


Cate Kinkaid arrives at H&B Classic Auto Restorations to give a friend a ride. But, as usual, trouble finds Kate even there--this time in the form of one dead man, one wounded man, and what appears to be a pretty obvious case of self-defense. Owner Matt Halliday wants to hire her, but not for this case. Instead, Cate is charged with finding a man who owns a particular motorcycle Matt would like to buy. As her search progresses, she begins to suspect that the shooting in Matt's office may not have been as cut-and-dried as it appeared.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lorena McCourtney takes readers on another wild ride of mystery in this clever cozy mystery, part of her popular series The Cate Kinkaid Files.









{My Review}

First off, I hate the cover. For me, I think it is to childish. It looks more like a children's book than a mystery novel written for an older audience.  I don't like this cover one bit. Now on to the actual contents of this cover. This was just an okay mystery novel. I've read much more interesting and intriguing mystery novels before this one, Blood Bayou by Karen Young is a great example. Now that was a great mystery in my opinion. I did not care for the characters and just could not become invested in them. I found them utterly boring and uninteresting. Overall, this book was not my cup of tea. However, don't let my review hinder you from picking up this book, while I did not enjoy it, that doesn't mean you won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be courteous and kind to one another! Any inappropriate comments will be deleted immediately!